Monday 28 July 2014

Born Again


Flesh give birth to flesh.  but spirit gives birth to spirit.


I've been pondering these things lately.  Particularly after watching the "son of god" movie.  I was really challenged.  If i was John or Peter or any of the disciples - would i have left everything to follow this man who just appeared and said "follow me"???   I have a feeling that my mind would be saying "this man is crazy".  But if i took the time to listen to my spirit, it would be screaming "Follow Him.  Follow Him anywhere!!"

So I have this dilemma - I know that if i let my mind judge situations or people, I will miss the things of God.  The only solution is we must be born again.  We must learn to see with eyes that see what is not really seeable!!  Because my eyes only see the physical things.  Flesh things.

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit."…  John 3:6-8

It's a whole new way of seeing.  Of walking.  And of trusting.

Born Again

This week's song is a meditation on this truth.  Let it sink deep, deep into your spirit.  Let it remind you of how the Kingdom of God operates.



No comments:

Post a Comment