Thursday 14 March 2013

Water of Life

As I haven't actually recorded anything for the spontaneous sessions yet (whoops!), the track I'm sharing today is not quite so raw as the next ones will be.  It's from a spontaneous worship session from 2011 which was then taken and overlaid with a beat and additional instruments.  It's one of the tracks included on the eponymous album by Lion&I (an RnB duo comprised of myself and fellow worshiper, James Bough).  

Ok, so I get that using a track from last year is totally cheating - but in the interests of getting this project started, I'm prepared to bend the rules a little, just this once... 

About "water of life"
This spontaneous song came out of a time when I was mulling over God's  invitation to come and eat and drink and be satisfied:
"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. (Isaiah 55:1)
 And of course, the reality is that He is the water of life... 
Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb. (Rev 22:1)
I sat down at the piano to digest this incredible invitation: the enormity of what God is calling us into, and the incomprehensible reality that we so often choose to stand outside the fullness that is found in Him.

But the invitation resounds: 'come and drink your fill.  come and drink from the river of life...'

lyrics



No comments:

Post a Comment