Thursday 28 March 2013

Worth it all

One of the most arresting verses I remember reading as a child was Mark 8:36:

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul (Mark 8:36)

Bam - straight to the point.  The point of this life is not pleasure, money, posessions: that is simply "chasing after the wind".  We're on a deeper journey.  To the one who IS life.

I always thought as a Christian that it would be easy to keep my heart fixed on what truly matters.  But the reality is my heart is fickle and it wanders so easily!  It gives in to fears.  Believes lies.  Looses sight of the most beautiful One in the world.

About "Worth it All"

In life and in worship, I often find myself turning to David as my example.  I love that when things were tricky, he'd talk to his soul... reason with it... speak truth to it... encourage it:

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits (Psalm 103:2)
Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. (Psalm 43:5)
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.(Psalm 62:5)

"Worth it All" is MY song to my soul. For this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment