Thursday 4 April 2013

Why are you downcast?

Psalm 42

There is just so much goodness in this Psalm. Again, it's one of those Psalms where David, in the midst of worries, speaks to his own soul.  As though his head knows something that his soul hasn't quite caught on to... (I know the feeling!!)


Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.
 My soul is downcast within me;
    therefore I will remember you... (Psalm 42:5-6)


The solution to heaviness? Praise!  Remembering the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord.  Lifting up our gaze to look on the one who is our salvation. Placing our hope in Him.

Oh, clever head!  Come on soul, time to catch up.

About "why are you downcast?"

Some songs have the power to release hope and break bondages.  It is my prayer as you listen to "why are you downcast?" that you will experience God doing just that.  Right in the midst of your situation.

Blessings,

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment