Thursday 25 April 2013

My Soul Longs

What a week!  I've been healed from 2 different ailments in the last few days!  Woohoo!!   In Him there is no sickness - My body itself *craves* God.  My flesh cries out for Him!

I've also seen (more than usual this week) how spending time with Him makes me happy!  My heart and my emotions actually cry out for Him - they need Him.  They're happy when they have Him.

In fact, every part of me cries out for Him - not just my spirit.  It seems fitting that this weeks song should be based on some of the verses from the well known Psalm 84:
How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord;
My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you.
Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere (Psalm 84:selected verses)

About "My Soul Longs"

I had actually sat down to record a different kind of song this week, but after hearing the loop used here, the chorus to this song just formed itself in my head.  So i sat down and recorded it right then!  A spontaneous song to express my longing for God!  To express my dependence on Him.  I later went back and added some backing vocals and extra drums - and here it is! "my soul longs".  Play it loud with the bass turned up!

Ooh, and don't forget you can download this track for free if you'd like to own it.  Simply click "buy" and then enter price $0 and it's yours forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment