Tuesday 11 June 2013

The Remixs

Whoops!! Got so excited going away for church camp on the long weekend, that I forgot to post an entry for last week!!!  So here it is! (BTW, church camp was *so* awesome, I haven't experienced worship and the presence of God like that for quite some time!  Just powerful.  Makes me so amazed at what I get to see while in this world, and expectant for what it's going to look like when we get to do this full time in the next world! But I digress....)

I'm very excited to announce that there's some new Lion & I tracks on the way!!  As part of our 2012 debut album, James Bough and I set about writing songs in a number of ways.  One of these was to take some acoustic spontaneous worship and remix it into a format more like a standard album song.   I shared one of these songs on the blog earlier in the year - water of life (one of the most popular entries).  The exciting news is that James and I are about to collaborate on another set of remixes, using material recorded right here for "The Spontaneous Sessions".

In anticipation of the new tracks, I thought I'd feature Satisfy from the Lion&I album!  A remix from a spontaneous recording based on Isaiah 55:2, Satisfy asks the question:
 ”why spend money on what is not bread, and your strength on what does not satisfy? listen to me and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare”  

I hope you Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment