Monday 12 August 2013

Awaken the Dawn

Good Morrow!  Another week, another song!

This one is "Awaken the Dawn" based on verses from Psalm 108 (or 57!):

My heart, O God, is steadfast; I will sing and make music with all my soul.
Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn (Ps 108:1-2)


I love the phrase "I will awaken the dawn!".  It speaks of a fierce determination to praise God with everything inside!

I also like the idea implied in Psalm 49 that as we praise, as we meditate on the scripture and sing through them, mysteries will become known.  Wisdom will be released.  Understanding will go from being ethereal to tangible.  That's what this spontaneous worship thing is all about, right???  Soaking in the mysteries of God til they become the realities of our heart!

Hear this, all you peoples; listen, all who live in this world, both low and high, rich and poor alike: My mouth will speak words of wisdom; the meditation of my heart will give you understanding. I will turn my ear to a proverb; with the harp I will expound my riddle (Ps49:1-4)

There are two versions of this song: the normal everyday Awaken the Dawn, and now for those in a hurry, the shorter Awaken The Dawn (radio edit).  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment