Tuesday 8 October 2013

Awaken Love

Well, here we are!  Last week's song is finally ready! (apologies for the lateness, I was super busy with an event for the awesome Vinnie MacDonald.)  Did I mention that Lion & I are also about to release a new album???  Very excited!!

What Does God require of Us?

If only we could work out what God wants from us, and then give it to Him, life would be so much simpler, right???  Well, it is simple! In the Gospels, Jesus tells us that Love is what God requires of us.  He sums up all of the law in love: 'love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength, and with all your mind.  And love your neighbour as yourself" Luke 10:27. Simple, but still a pretty tough call all the same!

It takes God to love God

A Wise Man once told me "it takes God to love God".  This reminds me that I desperately need the love of God inside me before I can even begin to really understand what it means to love God or others.  It's like His love opens us up to be able to love.  1 John 4:19 puts it nicely:

we love because He first loved us

Awaken Love

The cool thing is that when we start to really meditate on what God's love is  - how high and how wide and how deep it is - it starts to change the way we love.  And did you know we can literally ask God to come and Stir Up and Awkane Love in us???  It's one of His favourite things to do! And it also means we are then equipped to give Him exactly what he wants!  Ask Him today, and see what he does!


No comments:

Post a Comment